Friday, February 5, 2010

..fRaGiLe..

The active person that I am, I have been through several experiences that live reminders on my body. For those who are not familiar with these -- these are called wounds, scars.  My experiences, mostly as a child, include bicycle crashes that have left scars on my forehead, knees, elbows. The most painful, I would say, happened recently.. about 3 years ago when I broke my arm (insights-fr0m-my-broken-arm).

I've found out that breaks in the body never heal 100%.  They always end up weaker than they originally were.  I don't play volleyball and sometimes, intercepting a pass during a game of basketball reminds me of this.  They are marked by scars and scar tissues always seem to break more easily the second time around.

After ages of not blogging, this seems like a proper post for this "Month of Love."  Nothing mushy or that sort of thing in this post though.  Similar to physical wounds, emotional wounds will never recover 100%.  And as a result the victim takes care of this wound, scared because it is now more fragile - more easily to break again.

No matter how much time it takes, coz people say "time heals all hurt", time can never heal anything 100%. Not physical wounds.  Not emotional wounds.  It just is not the way it works.  Once you've been scarred, the scar - the reminder - is always there and gets more fragile every time it breaks.


So, have a care for the people around you.  You may be handling a fragile, emotionally broken soul.  Have a care.  Be sensitive.  They may have trusted you enough to expose their 'weaknesses' to you.  Have a care.  You may not be able to heal them 100% but you may be able to help protect that scar and better yet, help soothe it.

6 comments:

PinkShAdoW said...

Wohoo..!!! Nice post!!

aLdZ said...

you like it.? ^^ thnx.. it's funny.. i still find holes in this post. :)

Inkz said...

I like it, Kuya Aldz! :)
...and welcome back to the blogging world! :P

aLdZ said...

yey!! ^^ thnx ingz.. :) now, i gotta find time to catch up reading blogs.. :) i just read yours. :)

PinkShAdoW said...

yes, I do! heheh... ^^,

just lazy_not handicapped said...

i was thinking of posting about emotional scar..hahaha...

anywais...
glad to read this post :)